Engagement of 2 beautiful souls
My engagement..
My marriage process of finding a suitable bride was dormant for a long time and when we started it got completed in a jiffy.. I am more than happy than disappointed about the fact though. Yes it is a very difficult state for many of my friends who are searching their life partner for years altogether. But I am little disheartened about the fact that I have to marry ahead of my sister and this has pushed her scope of marriage by a year. Hoping she finds her match soon.
It is only in the month of Feb that I actually activated my dormant account of 7 yrs to life and in less than a month found the destined girl to be. Myself and my mom could feel that she is the girl for the family. And things also moved positively on both sides further strengthening the bond. And both families agreed to meet on April 10th Friday at Vadapalani Murugan temple to finalize things.
I arrived at Chennai directly the previous day morning and later that evening did my shopping at Pothys Boutique, T Nagar. We were staying at Mahalakshmi inn near their house. And the next day morning we started walking to the temple upon hearing that they have almost reached the temple.
And to be honest , I was not very nervous . I had decided in my mind that there is not a "no" from my side what ever be the reasons, unless she didn't like me, chances for which is slim.So we met, spoke for few mins in presence of our family members. She was wearing a silver color saree and looked a little chubby . But it was nice.
After that we all went to Saravan Bhavan for a coffee. She was little shy to speak to me. I also did not force questions upon her .She doesn't like to hide things and likes to be herself . I liked this part of her. So all family members are happy about this relation.Thus we left after half an hour.
Thereby we started gearing up for the evening function at her home. Most our relatives had arrived at Mahalakshmi inn. And Krishna park in the near by street. And we started at around 5:30 pm to their residence. The roads were very narrow and at right angles with lots of turning and i didn't take efforts to remember the route due to its difficulty :-)
It was at around 6:30 pm the function started and since it is a bride's function my role was very limited. Many of my close relatives were present on that joyous occasion at her house. I gifted her a watch.My family garlanded her as per traditional practice.And finally all had their dinner and called it a day.
My marriage process of finding a suitable bride was dormant for a long time and when we started it got completed in a jiffy.. I am more than happy than disappointed about the fact though. Yes it is a very difficult state for many of my friends who are searching their life partner for years altogether. But I am little disheartened about the fact that I have to marry ahead of my sister and this has pushed her scope of marriage by a year. Hoping she finds her match soon.
It is only in the month of Feb that I actually activated my dormant account of 7 yrs to life and in less than a month found the destined girl to be. Myself and my mom could feel that she is the girl for the family. And things also moved positively on both sides further strengthening the bond. And both families agreed to meet on April 10th Friday at Vadapalani Murugan temple to finalize things.
I arrived at Chennai directly the previous day morning and later that evening did my shopping at Pothys Boutique, T Nagar. We were staying at Mahalakshmi inn near their house. And the next day morning we started walking to the temple upon hearing that they have almost reached the temple.
And to be honest , I was not very nervous . I had decided in my mind that there is not a "no" from my side what ever be the reasons, unless she didn't like me, chances for which is slim.So we met, spoke for few mins in presence of our family members. She was wearing a silver color saree and looked a little chubby . But it was nice.
After that we all went to Saravan Bhavan for a coffee. She was little shy to speak to me. I also did not force questions upon her .She doesn't like to hide things and likes to be herself . I liked this part of her. So all family members are happy about this relation.Thus we left after half an hour.
Thereby we started gearing up for the evening function at her home. Most our relatives had arrived at Mahalakshmi inn. And Krishna park in the near by street. And we started at around 5:30 pm to their residence. The roads were very narrow and at right angles with lots of turning and i didn't take efforts to remember the route due to its difficulty :-)
It was at around 6:30 pm the function started and since it is a bride's function my role was very limited. Many of my close relatives were present on that joyous occasion at her house. I gifted her a watch.My family garlanded her as per traditional practice.And finally all had their dinner and called it a day.
Comments
Post a Comment